Marketing und Vertrieb
The 5 C’s of Cologne Bonn Airport – find out why CGN is your perfect match!
Thanks to global air travel, the world is more connected than ever. Our dedicated team of aviation business development and marketing experts are here to put Cologne Bonn on your destination map.
No matter if you run an airline, tour operator or affiliated business, we are your direct contact for new business opportunities and comprehensive market intelligence.
With nearly 13 million passengers and 860,000 tons of air cargo flown, Cologne Bonn Airport serves the most densely populated metropolitan regions in Germany and Europe.
Allow us to present you the 5 C’s of CGN – we look forward to hearing from you soon!
- 2nd biggest catchment area in Continental Europe
- 17 million inhabitants within a radius of 100km
- Cross-border catchment to Benelux countries – 3 countries in 1 day
- CGN is situated in the most populous Federal State in Germany - North-Rhine Westphalia (NRW)
- NRW has the highest population density in Europe
- Cologne is the 4th largest city in Germany
- More than 170 international passenger and cargo destinations
- Over 30 passenger airlines with a mix of legacy, hybrid and low cost carriers
- Cargo hub of UPS, FedEx and DHL
- Virtual interlining with flexible MCTs powered by Kiwi.com
- Seamless intermodal integration under one roof
- Connection to ICE high-speed trains
- Long-distance bus hub for national & international destinations
- Excellent road network with direct airport access to Autobahn A59 leading to all directions
- All relevant global and national car hire companies represented in terminal 2
- Connected to the NATO pipeline system, Central European Pipeline System (CEPS) and a nearby refinery providing supply of jet fuel
- Seamless passenger journey
- 3 carparks with online prebooking possible, P1 and P2 approx. 30m from check-in
- 99 steps from rail track to check-in
- CGN’s train station is located directly below airport terminals
- Swift direct train ride to Cologne City Center and UNESCO World Heritage Site Cologne Cathedral in only 13 min. by high-speed ICE and in 15 min. by suburban S-Bahn.
- Exhibition visitors reach the fair ground in 10-12 min.
- 31 shops and 22 restaurants offer passenger experience around the clock
- 2 lounges provide comfort in the secured area
- Onsite Moxy hotel to open in 2021
- Best airport weather in Germany minimises any flight disruptions
- Most important 24/7 airport in Germany
- Slots at your preferred time (IATA level 2 airport)
- 3 runways up to 3,815 m | CAT IIIb
- Maximum payload and minimal congestion
- Short taxi-in & -out time
- 112 aircraft stands
- 2 full-service terminals with 86 check-in counter, 48 gates, 17 aero bridges and 30 security control lanes
- 3 carparks with 12,535 parking space
- Economic powerhouse – 21.2% of Germany’s GDP origins in NRW, ahead of Switzerland, Sweden or Belgium
- NRW generates 4.5% of the European GDP
- Cologne and Bonn have significantly higher GDP per capita than the average in NRW
- 15% of German Exports are “Made in NRW“
- NRW is Germany’s strongest import state with 21.9% of all German Imports
- 20,000 foreign companies in NRW
- High concentration of companies from different industry sectors like chemistry, pharma, energy, automotive industry, capital and consumer goods, commerce, IT and media
- 2 DAX companies (Deutsche Post DHL Group, Deutsche Telekom AG)
- Global players such as Bayer and DHL and hidden champions like LanXess and Convestro
- Home of global brands like HARIBO, RIMOWA, 4711 and Birkenstock
- Bonn as the former and 2nd political capital of Germany
- 40% of German ministries and 26 Federal Authorities
- United Nations City with 18 UN organisations
- Koelnmesse is Germany’s third-largest and the world fifth-largest trade fair and exhibition site
- More than 80 international trade fairs every year with some 50,000 exhibitors from 115 countries (e.g. photokina, Anuga, ISM, ART Cologne and imm Cologne)
- Meeting point for international MICE business with 2,000 congresses/year with capacity for up to 19,500 participants and 48,000 events attracting 3.76 million people